Long-standing System Competence for the Cold End
The key to greater efficiency and profitable cost-value ratio in the long term lies in a well-determined section of the power plant – the so-called cold end. The total performance depends essentially on the optimal interaction among the components of this highly complex system. The more flexibly they can be applied, the better the entire system can be optimized.
Balcke-Dürr is one of the technology leaders just in this area. For example, with an installed geothermal capacity of more than 3.5 gigawatts, we have worldwide references: from 10 megawatts for small plants to 300-megawatt plants for the utility sector. All-under-one-roof turnkey system solution.
- Limited land use per MW thanks to the optimally configured components
- Minimal equipment costs by using a unique optimization method
- Control equipment for a fully automated mode of operation
- High level of insensitivity to fouling
- Maximum power output thanks to the highly effective component design
Case Study Hellisheidi, Iceland
Learn more about our reference Hellisheidi, where we supplied our Balcke-Dürr Surface Condenser
Learn more about Balcke-Dürr Turbine Condensers